Postdoctoral Research Fellow Positions available!
Postdoctroal research fellow positions are available in our MINE lab. Candidates with experience in one or more of the following research areas are invited to apply: machine learning, data mining, databases, information retrieval and recommender systems. More information about MINE Lab can be found at http://mine.kaust.edu.sa.
Candidates need to hold an earned Ph.D. (or be near completion) in computer science or in a related field with good programming skills in C/C++/Java/Matlab. Successful candidates are expected to be self-motivated and have a good publication record (at least have one paper accepted by premier conferences or journals like KDD, NIPS, ICML, IJCAI, AAAI, SIGMOD, VLDB, ICDE, TKDE, TKDD, etc.) and good command of English. The position holders will perform interdisciplinary research, shape research directions, produce and disseminate results through publications, coordinate research projects and help to supervise Ph.D. and M.S. students.
The PostDoc positions are normally for 1 to 3 years.
- Very competitive tax exemption salary and benefit package (e.g., free high-standards fully furnished houses, health insurance, education at KAUST international schools for children, 20 days of paid vacation per year, relocation allowance, repatriation allowance).
- Sufficient funding support (e.g., conference attendance and international trip support).
- State-of-the-art research facilities, including one of the fastest supercomputers in the world (IBM BlueGene, 64000 cores, 64TB RAM), and a word-class visualization center.
- Solid collaboration (including exchange visits) with our partners such as MIT, Texas A&M University, INRIA, and others.
- Vibrant campus life and impressive recreational facilities that include a private beach, marina and golf course.
Eligible and interested applicants are invited to submit their application electronically to Dr. Xiangliang Zhang (email@example.com) with a detailed professional Curriculum Vita (including educational background, professional experience, and a list of publications). Successful candidates will be further contacted to provide more documents (e.g., two or three recommendation letters and a brief statement of research interests/plans).
Applications will be handled in strict confidentiality. KAUST is an equal opportunity employer.